RetroPie is a system to build / configure and launch emulators on the Raspberry Pi.
3.0 Release Candidate 1 is now out – Changes since 3.0 beta 4 include:
- Input configuration improvements / fixes / optimisations
- Basic joypad control in RetroPie-Setup / emulator prelaunch menus.
- Make libretro Fuse default spectrum emulator (for easier joypad control)
- Added new spectrum emulator ZEsarUX to the experimental section.
- Added launching RetroArch with RGUI from the RetroPie menu in EmulationStation.
- Various other bugfixes – you can follow changes as they happen on the GitHub site – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/commits/master
Pre-built images and further information are available from the RetroPie project website. For those who want to install on top of Raspbian – the system can be installed directly from the GitHub project, where you can also find a detailed list of changes.
This video on YouTube covers some of the changes in the new version – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBgFigRNGyw