We are pleased to announce the release of RetroPie 3.5. After taking into consideration the feedback from the vibrant RetroPie community, we have provided a few more functions to simplify the user experience such as automatic expansion of the filesystem on boot, less terminal text, and more configuration options for the runcommand launch menu. We have also fixed up some bugs with Raspbian Jessie such as the USB ROM service and have added two new experimental modules – the Löve game engine and a ColecoVision emulator (CoolCV).
Installation Instructions can be found here – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation
Prebuilt images are available from the main RetroPie website – http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/, or can be grabbed from GitHub – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/releases/tag/3.5. You can also install RetroPie on top of an existing Raspbian Jessie / Raspbian Wheezy set up – Instructions can be found at the GitHub project site.
Changes since 3.4:
- Added new experimental modules, Lӧve 2D Game Engine, Colecovision (CoolCV).
- Debian usbmount package fixed up for systemd udev compatibility, making the USB ROM service work properly again without being killed after 30 seconds. Also added ntfs support by default.
- Added an arcade rom folder option where all arcade games can be placed.
- Improvements to EmulationStation (Fix crash on rom delete, direct launch, symlink support, and other bug fixes).
- Improvements to the Runcommand Launch Menu: Cleaner dialog on launch, ability to show game artwork on launch, ability to disable joystick support as well as the ability to disable the entire runcommand launch menu.
- PS3 Controller improvements – Add multiple gasia and shanwan controller support.
- Updated lr-mgba emulator binaries (new upstream release of mgba 0.4.0)
- Improvements on pre-built image – disabled screen blanking, quieter boot, and filesystem automatically expanded on first boot.
- Various other bug fixes.