After a couple of months of work since 3.0, we are pleased to announce the next version of RetroPie – v3.1. Changes include a new default theme called “Carbon” which is much less memory hungry than the previous, new Arcade emulators (lr-mame2003 and lr-fba-next), and new GUI configuration tools. We now also provide images for use with Berryboot. See the changelog below for more information.
Installation Instructions can be found here – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation
Downloads available from the main RetroPie website – http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/. For those who want to install on top of Raspbian Wheezy – the system can be installed directly from the GitHub project, where you can also find a detailed list of changes.
Thanks to BuZz, Death259, Gizmo98, Herbfargus, PetRockBlock and Rookervik (amongst others) for their contributions to this release.
3.1 (6th Oct 2015)
- Workaround for lr-snes9x-next crashes for certain games.
- New theme installation script and excellent new theme “Carbon” which is lighter on memory than the Simple theme (no more white screen of death! – works with all systems).
- Initial bluetooth module for pairing keyboards.
- We now provide images for use with Berryboot.
- Moved Super Mario War out of experimental.
- New default lr-fba-next emulator for rpi2 owners.
- Added lr-mame2003 (based on MAME 0.78) emulator.
- Minor Emulation Station tweaks, reduced time to skip buttons, and improved parsing with brackets in gamelists.
- New experimental modules – sselph’s scraper and lr-mame2010 (based on MAME 0.139)
- Improved ps3 controller pairing.
- Initial support for installing RetroPie manually on Raspbian Jessie and OSMC (via source only – consider this experimental for now).
- Splashscreen improvements- can be added from samba shares, splash videos play all the way through without emulationstation cutting them off.
- Lots of bugfixes, and improvements to the RetroPie Wiki.